Events + Engagement Coordinator Position
September 17, 2019
NW Dance Project is seeking to fill our open Events + Engagement Coordinator staff position. This is an hourly
(32-34 hours-per-week) position with the potential for promotion to a full-time, salaried, fully-benefitted (100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance) position. This position requires some evening and/or weekend hours, work, as well as travel primarily within in the Portland area. The Events + Engagement Coordinator reports to the Artistic and Executive Directors, and is supported by multiple experienced team members.
Event + Engagement Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
– Plan, develop, organize, coordinate, and conduct innovative and engaging events and projects including annual fundraising gala, Behind-the-Scenes, community engagement initiatives, and performance-related activities
– Plan, coordinate, and manage procurement of in-kind donations for live and silent auction packages
– Supervise gala committee and plan gala committee agendas and meetings
– Train and supervise volunteers for shows, gala, special events, poster distribution, mass mailings, etc.
– Interface, plan and set goals with leadership staff and committees
– Maintain accurate data and reports on events and campaigns
– Develop and manage social media initiatives; coordinate and manage all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Vimeo; create frequent social media posts and oversee social media takeovers
– Photograph and record video content for social media and rehearsal archives
– Digitally archive photos, music, performance and rehearsal videos in Dropbox and file all physical collateral materials such as brochures, posters, and show cards
– Perform general administrative duties
Requirements / Desired Attributes and Abilities:
– Bachelor’s degree or beyond (or work experience equivalent)
– Administrative experience, preferably in non-profit and/or arts sector
– Event and volunteer development and management experience
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Excellent customer service skills and creating positive experiences for communities
– Professional demeanor for events with board members, donors, patrons, students and families
– Highly organized, resourceful, creative, and artistic
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, social media sites, WordPress, DropBox, digital file management, digital photography, video capture and editing, various on-line management platforms
– Wikipedia editing experience
– Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines in a fast-paced, resource-scarce environment
– Social media platforms/postings management experience and proficiency
– Ability to be both self-directed and to work in differently-sized teams
– Detail-oriented and innovative problem-solver
– Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive to run errands
– Ability to lift 40lbs
– Sense of humor and mature, respectful nature
NW Dance Project is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion or sexual orientation. Applicants of color are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email your rèsumè, a letter of introduction and interest, indication of availability, at least one professional business writing sample, an event outline/plan/description and corresponding event budget, and at least one social media post (subject line: Events + Engagement Coordinator position application) by October 31, 2019. Applicants will be contacted via email if we wish to proceed to an interview.
Open Company Positions
NW Dance Project Company Positions – Open Company Positions for our 2020-21 season
Competitive Contract | 36 weeks+ | Paid Employee Position | International & National Touring | 100% Full Health + Dental + Vision Benefits
NW Dance Project is dedicated to the creation and performance of innovative, new contemporary dance works from established and emerging dance makers created in an open and artistically stimulating environment. We are looking for experienced soloist dancers interested in a diverse collaborative environment that focuses on the innovation and creation of contemporary dance. Artists should have a strong classical and contemporary background, professional performance experience and a passion for the creative process.
Dancers must be 21+ and legally eligible to work in the USA to hold a company position. Preference is given to dancers with a minimum of 3+ years of professional experience. We don’t hold cattle call auditions — we really need to SEE dancers work and create over time in a company setting.
Dancers interested in auditioning for our 2020-21 season should audition through 5 Dance Days or our LAUNCH project.
All dancers must attend the entire 5 Dance Days, Dec 31 to Jan 4 / 2020 and/or LAUNCH project, June 30 to July 11 / 2020, to be considered for company positions.
No phone calls, please.
Work Study - Ongoing
Work Study Studio Assistants work a minimum of 5-7 hours per week in the studio and offices for unlimited classes at NW Dance Project.
Our Work Study program provides an opportunity for students to take classes at the studio in exchange for working at the front desk and in our offices. Duties include customer services such as checking-in clients, handling payments and maintaining student records, as well as general office work and light studio cleaning, such as answering phones and vacuuming the studios.
These positions require excellent organizational and customer services skills as well as the ability to work in a fast paced environment with detailed accuracy and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with agility. Proficiency with standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel is necessary.
Open to dancers 18 yrs+. Program participants must be available for one shift per week and honor a 3-month minimum commitment. Possible shifts (pending program availability) include:
Monday – Thursday
Mornings: 8:00am to 1:30pm
If interested in applying, please email cover letter and current résumé, with at least three references, to Kolina Chitta, Studio Manager, at email@example.com.
Dance Instructors - Ongoing and Substitutes
We are always looking to expand our substitute pool for experienced, professional dance instructors for various styles including ballet, jazz, hip hop, contemporary and core balance (yoga and pilates experience required) for both youth and adult students.
If interested in applying, please email cover letter and current résumé to Maeve Dougal, Education & Outreach Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking to deepen our pool of available, experienced, professional piano accompanists to play for our daily, open company ballet class. If interested in applying, please email cover letter and current résumé to Maeve Dougal, Education & Outreach Coordinator, email@example.com.