Company Manager + Communications Coordinator
NW Dance Project is seeking to fill our Company Manager staff position.
This will begin as an hourly (32-34 hours-per-week) position with the potential for promotion to a full-time, salaried, and fully-benefitted (100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance) position.
This position requires some evening and/or weekend hours, work, as well as travel primarily within the Portland area. The Company Manager reports to the Artistic and Executive Directors, and is supported by multiple experienced administrative team members.
POSITION TITLE: Company Manager
Majority of responsibilities support the artistic/creation/performance/touring work of the dance company. Job duties include /season/tour/residency management, personnel administration, production support, designers’ liaison, and office administration. Serves as the liaison between the office, dancers, guest artists, production staff, and presenters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Tour and Residency Management
– Prepares and manages tour calendar/residency schedule, itineraries
– Arranges all travel, transportation, lodging and other paperwork for local, national and international travel
– Books rehearsal space, seek best rates and location
– Prepare contracts for guest choreographers and production staff
– Helps prepare budgets for proposals, invoices for presenters and managing payments
– Serves as liaison for educational residencies
– Wardrobe management
Production and Personnel Support
– Provides general support to Artistic Director, choreographers, Lighting Designer, Costume Designers, Production and Stage Managers and front of house support for all performances with an emphasis on event functions
– Provides general support to the Executive Director when in the office
– Other duties include picking up or dropping off production and marketing items from storage to performance location; return rental vans, supplies, props, lights to the studio or storage
– Generally first person at a venue and last person to leave with production staff
– Wardrobe management
– Solicit, secure, and plan touring engagements (established and new contacts)
– Process all paperwork for foreign artist visas
– Process all paperwork for company visas for touring
– Keep office staff up-to-date on tour activities
– Assist support work for grant submittals and marketing promotions
– Initial point of contact for office technical issues
– Previous general management or company management experience required
– Bachelor degree required
– Outstanding communication, computer (Mac), and organizational skills
– Self-motivation with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
– Committed to working as a team and individually
– Strong attention to details
– Exceptional interpersonal skills
– Sense of humor and flexibility
– Proficiency with computer applications – Mac, Microsoft Office, graphic/photo editing (a plus), and database applications
– Appreciation for the arts and familiarity with dance
Position Available: Immediately
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, educations, skills
Position open until filled
Diverse applicants highly encouraged
To Apply: Candidates are invited to send a cover letter, résumé, writing samples, and references (no phone calls, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will remain strictly confidential. Applications will be accepted until a final candidate is chosen. Please use the following subject: Company Manager Search
NW Dance Project is seeking to fill our open Communications Coordinator staff position. This will begin as an hourly (32-34 hours-per-week) position with the potential for promotion to a full-time, salaried, fully-benefitted (100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance) position. This position requires some evening and/or weekend hours, work, as well as travel primarily within the Portland area. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Artistic and Executive Directors, and is supported by multiple experienced team members.
Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
– Collateral organization for all departments — artistic, education, development, marketing
– Collateral distribution — dance schools, community centers, arts groups
– Web updates and management
– Digitally archive photos, music, performance and rehearsal videos in Dropbox and file all physical collateral materials such as brochures, posters, and show cards
– Electronic newsletter and promotional materials scheduling, creation, and distribution
– Survey distribution and reporting
– Organization and distribution of touring media and presenter packets
– Strategy execution for social channels and paid digital advertising
– Data reporting with insights on digital activities
– Perform general administrative duties
Requirements / Desired Qualification:
– Bachelor’s degree or beyond (or work experience equivalent)
– Administrative experience, preferably in non-profit and/or arts sector
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, social media sites, WordPress, DropBox, digital file management, digital photography, video capture and editing, various on-line management platforms
– Social and media expert with 2-3 years experience
– Understanding of how social media fits within marketing and communications mix
– Experience with social media scheduling, Google Analytics, Google Ad words
– Working knowledge of Facebook advertising, remarketing, and conversion tracking
– Experience in copywriting
– Graphic and production design (strong plus)
– Ability to meet hard deadlines with strong management skills
– Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
– Professional demeanor for events with patrons, board members, donors, students, and families
– Passionate about customer service and creating positive experiences for communities
– Interest in non-profit arts management and dance
– Comfortable working evenings and weekends as required
– Ability to be both self-directed and to work in differently-sized teams
– Sense of humor and mature, respectful nature
NW Dance Project is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion or sexual orientation. Applicants of color are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020.
To apply, please e-mail your rèsumè, a letter of introduction and interest, indication of availability, at least two professional business writing samples and at least one social media post to email@example.com (subject line: Communication Coordinator position application).
Applicants will be contacted via email if we wish to proceed to an interview.
Open Company Positions
NW Dance Project has two Open Company Positions for our 2020-21 season
Competitive Contract | 36 weeks+ | Paid Employee Position | International & National Touring | 100% Full Health + Dental + Vision Benefits
Dancer Contract Starts: August 17, 2020.
NW Dance Project is dedicated to the creation and performance of innovative, new contemporary dance works from established and emerging dance makers created in an open and artistically stimulating environment. We are looking for experienced soloist dancers interested in a diverse collaborative environment that focuses on the innovation and creation of contemporary dance. Artists should have a strong classical and contemporary background, professional performance experience and a passion for the creative process.
Dancers must be 21+ and legally eligible to work in the USA to hold a company position. Preference is given to dancers with a minimum of 3+ years of professional experience. We don’t hold cattle call auditions — we really need to SEE dancers work and create over time in a company setting.
Dancers interested in auditioning for our 2020-21 season should audition through our 2-week LAUNCH project.
All dancers must audition for, and attend LAUNCH, June 30 to July 11 / 2020, to be considered for company positions.
Currently, we have two open positions in LAUNCH. As our live auditions have now closed, dancers can apply through a video process.
For audition details, please direct all inquiries to Maeve Dougal at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
*With the recent COVID-19 outbreak, NW Dance Project remains responsive to the changing conditions and respects the health and safety of our dancers. Currently our summer programing is proceeding as scheduled.
Dance Instructors - Ongoing and Substitutes
We are always looking to expand our substitute pool for experienced, professional dance instructors for various styles including ballet, jazz, hip hop, contemporary and core balance (yoga and pilates experience required) for both youth and adult students.
If interested in applying, please email cover letter and current résumé to Maeve Dougal, Education & Outreach Coordinator, email@example.com.
We are looking to deepen our pool of available, experienced, professional piano accompanists to play for our daily, open company ballet class. If interested in applying, please email cover letter and current résumé to Maeve Dougal, Education & Outreach Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our paid Weekend Reception position covers the front desk and studio during adult classes, youth dance programs, and additional special events happening on Saturdays and Sundays at NW Dance Project. Duties include customer services such as checking-in clients, handling payments and maintaining student records, as well as general office work such as answering phones, relaying messages and fielding questions.
Ample knowledge of dance vocabulary and proficiency with standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel is necessary. These positions require excellent organizational and customer services skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment with detailed accuracy and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with agility. Light studio maintenance also required.
Typical shifts include Saturdays (8:00am to 1:15pm) and Sundays (8:00am to 1:15pm), but can change depending on class scheduling, holidays, etc.
If interested in applying, please email cover letter and current résumé to Kolina Chitta, Studio Manager, email@example.com.