Dance Instructors - Ongoing and Substitutes
We are always looking to expand our pool of experienced, professional dance instructors for various styles including ballet, jazz, hip hop, contemporary, and core balance (yoga/conditioning/stretch) for both youth (4-19) and adult (13+) students. We currently have a need for hip hop and ballet instructors. We are also open to hearing about new class offerings, so pitch your class!
BIPOC instructors highly desired and encouraged to apply.
If interested in applying, please email cover letter and current résumé to Maeve Dougal, Education + Outreach Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll be announcing our audition process for 2021-2022 Season company positions shortly. Please keep an eye on this page for more details.
Studio Front Desk Manager
NW Dance Project is seeking candidates to immediately fill a position with our Front Desk Reception Team.
$15/hr (beginning – excellent chance for advancement)
20 to 30 hours per week (to start) with weekend and evening shifts likely
Reports to Studio Manager as well as Artistic and Executive Directors, and supported by multiple experienced team members.
This position covers the front desk and studio during adult classes, youth dance programs, and additional events at NW Dance Project (211 NE 10th Ave., Portland OR 97232). Job duties include overseeing the registration and check-in process for all classes, assisting teachers with Zoom platform for classes, general studio and office management, managing incoming/outgoing phone and email communications, facility cleaning/sanitation, additional projects as needed. Strong, clear, friendly oral communication and writing skills required. Seasonal roles include box office and volunteer management during company performances, and attending promotional events/fairs. Requires excellent organizational and customer service skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with detailed accuracy, and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with agility. Ample knowledge of dance vocabulary and proficiency with standard Mac computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and WordPress.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Communication + Administrative Duties
- Answer calls, messages, and emails related to dance classes, workshops, intensives, projects.
- Update website with current class schedule(s), teachers, closures, and class updates.
- Database entry.
- Interview, hire, and train new Work-Study participants and receptionists.
- Provide consistent follow-up and reminders about registrations, studio policies, and upcoming events.
- Cover shifts not able to be filled or find coverage with Work-Study and/or other staffers.
- Update staff manuals as needed.
- Managing the studio space to ensure that students, faculty, and staff are following protocols, including enhanced health and safety protocols instilled during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Oversee the registration process for all classes taking place in the studio – monitoring transactions, database entry, confirmation emails/reminders, payment plans, class waitlists.
- Managing the registration software (StudioWorks) to create class schedules, student accounts and assist registration.
- Assist Education Coordinator with educational programming.
- Book and attend Portland street fairs to promote educational programming.
To Apply: Candidates are invited to email a cover letter, résumé, writing samples, and references (no phone calls, please) to email@example.com
Please use the following subject line: Front Desk Position.
All applications will remain strictly confidential. Applications will be accepted until a final candidate is chosen.
NW Dance Project is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis, including race, culture, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
BIPOC applicants are highly desired and encouraged to apply.