Dance Instructors - Ongoing and Substitutes
We are always looking to expand our pool of experienced, professional dance instructors for various styles including ballet, jazz, hip hop, contemporary, and core balance (yoga/conditioning/stretch) for both youth (4-19) and adult (13+) students. We currently have a need for hip hop and ballet instructors. We are also open to hearing about new class offerings, so pitch your class!
BIPOC instructors highly desired and encouraged to apply.
If interested in applying, please email cover letter and current résumé to Kylie Dimick, Education + Studio Manager, info(at)nwdanceproject(dot)org.
NW Dance Project is looking for company artists for our 2021/22 season.
Contract to start Sept 1 / 2021.
With the pandemic currently preventing live auditions, we are holding a two-week summer project, MOVE, that will serve as our primary audition process as we really like to SEE dancers working with multiple artists over an extended period of time. This residency will be at no-cost to participating dancers.
Interested dancers should review the application / audition details found HERE.
NW Dance Project is dedicated to the creation and performance of innovative, new contemporary dance works from established and emerging dance makers created in an open and artistically stimulating environment. We are looking for diverse, experienced soloist dancers interested in a collaborative environment that focuses on the innovation and creation of contemporary dance. Artists should have a strong classical and contemporary background, professional performance experience, and a passion for the creative process.
Dancers must be legally eligible to work in the USA to hold a company position. Preference is given to dancers with a minimum of 3+ years of professional experience. BIPOC dancers are encouraged to apply.
Front Desk Manager
May 10, 2021
NW Dance Project is seeking candidates to immediately fill our Studio Manager position.
$16/hr training/starting; $17/hr after two-month introductory period.
28-32 hours per week (starting) – weekend and evening shifts needed.
Excellent chance for advancement/promotion to full time, benefited position.
This position covers the front desk and studio during adult classes, youth dance programs, and additional events at NW Dance Project (211 NE 10th Ave., Portland OR 97232). Job duties include overseeing the registration and check-in process for all classes, assisting teachers with Zoom platform for classes, general studio and office management, managing incoming/outgoing phone and email communications, facility cleaning/sanitation, additional projects as needed. Strong, clear, friendly oral communication and writing skills required. Seasonal roles include box office and volunteer management during company performances, and attending promotional events/fairs. Requires excellent organizational and customer service skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with detailed accuracy, and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with agility. Ample knowledge of dance vocabulary and proficiency with standard Mac computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and WordPress.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Communication + Administrative Duties
- Answer calls, messages, and emails related to dance classes, workshops, intensives, projects.
- Update website with current class schedule(s), teachers, closures, and class updates.
- Database entry.
- Interview, hire, and train new Work-Study participants and receptionists.
- Provide consistent follow-up and reminders about registrations, studio policies, and upcoming events.
- Cover shifts not able to be filled or find coverage with Work-Study and/or other staffers.
- Update staff manuals as needed.
- Managing the studio space to ensure that students, faculty, and staff are following protocols, including enhanced health and safety protocols instilled during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Oversee the registration process for all classes taking place in the studio – monitoring transactions, database entry, confirmation emails/reminders, payment plans, class waitlists.
- Managing the registration software (StudioWorks) to create class schedules, student accounts and assist registration.
- Assist Education Coordinator with educational programming.
- Book and attend Portland street fairs to promote educational programming.
To Apply: Candidates are invited to email a cover letter, résumé, writing samples, and references (no phone calls, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the following subject line: Front Desk Position.
All applications will remain strictly confidential. Applications will be accepted until a final candidate is chosen.
NW Dance Project is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis, including race, culture, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
BIPOC applicants are highly desired and encouraged to apply.